Full Dynamic Circadian Lighting is custom-designed for the healthcare sector, with input from a broad co-operation of users and researchers in the field. The concept is based on the purpose, of creating healthier light in nursing homes and the healthcare sector. In co-operation with users, circadian- and sleep specialists we have developed a concept that stabilizes the human biological clock. Full Dynamic Circadian Lighting use all the colours in the colour spectrum by combining RGBWW LED diodes (Red, Green, Blue, warm White, cold White and Amber). We are specialised in circadian- and kelvin change lighting solutions.
- The intelligent lighting is programmed in a fixed rhythm. With soft variations in the colour and intensity, we can create a light that stabilises human's inner circadian rhythm.
- In the morning the boost and therapy function help to activate the body. From the morning the light gradually rises to high intensity and high colour temperatures. It is proved that the blue colours of light help to inhibit the production of the sleep hormone melatonin and stimulate the production of serotonin and cortisol. In short, the blue colour light is there to raise the body's energy and activity level in the beginning of, and during the day.
- In the evening the custom evening and night lighting help to create optimal conditions and prepare the body for a good night's sleep. By removing the blue colours of light and instead use a red - orange light into the evening it creates the optimal conditions for the production of the sleep hormone melatonin. The red - orange light meanwhile helps creating a secure and tranquil environment for residents and patients. The staff are experiencing a better circadian rhythm while undertaking night shifts and they find it easier to fall asleep after their shifts.
- We cater to the individual needs of residents or staff, with fixed lighting scenarios such as calming-, activity or cleaning light. The fixed lighting scenarios are all based on actual experiences of users in healthcare.
- The largest project in Denmark to date was in Silkeborg Municipality, where 120 nursing and dementia residences were built.
At Lightcare we are specialized in full dynamic circadian lighting for the healthcare-sector. With a lighting design that stabilizes the circadian rhythm and considers the individual needs of residents, patients and staff, we create a healthier light in nursing homes, hospitals, and health care.
Full Dynamic Circadian Lighting
with Therapy and Boost Function
❛ I sleep a lot better after evening shift/night shift, and then I don´t have the same headache in the daytime, that I used to have.
katherine, nursing staff
❛ I use the calming light for residents having a hard time falling a sleep at night. We use the function a little earlier e.g. late in the afternoon, so the residents have longer time to calm down – it works really well.
anni, nursing staff
❛ It is calmer here in the evening both to residents and staff. Our tone of voice is toned down automatically and the birds in the hall ways calms down too.
anni, nursing staff